Thursday, January 14, 2010

Green Meanies

If you know anything about me, you know that I am constantly stealing my husbands things. I wear his jackets and coats. I wear his sweaters. I wear the bathrobe that is designated as his (I made it) even though I made a second one to avoid this. We both have the same kind of slippers that I got for free when I was working at Camper, in different colors and sizes. Thick felt Wabis with a recycled rubber soul (second Beatles reference). In fact, I own 2 pairs (red and blue) but still am constantly shuffling around in Tim's green size 11's. It's to the point where he doesn't even check the closet for them anymore and just comes and finds me when he wants to wear them and yanks them off my feet. Anyway, I am sure Tim will say 'serves you right' when he reads this and finds out I just tripped and fell twice in them. Once going down the stairs to sign for a package, yes in front of Fred the nicest UPS guy ever, and once going back up the stairs also in front of Fred the nicest UPS guy ever not even 30 seconds after the first time, tail now between my legs in embarrassment.

Somehow the appeal for wearing his slippers has dimmed slightly... for the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I know someone who would love those green meanies and who would prefer the Blue ones to be green in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I can't possibly imagine whom you are referring to!

    ReplyDelete