Tuesday, January 12, 2010

RHCP

I have just found myself in a wormhole of 6th grade reminiscence. I was checking up on Lika that I used to work with and remembered that she was designer/stylist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers back in the day and is responsible for all that metallic drop crotch stuff and used to do their stage costumes as well. I was waaaaay in love with RHCP even before they were the drug dealing machine gun toting cracked out semi villains in Point Break. I was in love with them back when Ryan Patin in Miss Bohot's class asked me if he could borrow my Sharpie Marker so he could draw a giant and permanent 8 point symbol on his left wrist. Oh, he was cool alright.

I think we know what I will be listening to tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Were you a fan of Flea and Anthony's work as the attention-seeking rednecks in The Chase (starring Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson)? That is the question. Your answer will prove whether you are a true fan.

    Extra trivia on the movie: What kind of car were the duo from RHCP driving in the movie?

    I'm not necessarily a fan of RHCP, but I've just proven that I know way too much about The Chase (and not the version I directed, produced and starred in opposite my son).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw The Chase, but it is in my que so I will have to get back to you on that one! I think it was a massive 4x4 thingy. They were hanging out of it and swerving into on coming traffic. Crazy doped up youth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will accept this answer. You are correct.

    ReplyDelete