Sunday, February 14, 2010

VD in the City



Usually I am quite the anti-celebrator. I blame the excessive amount of unrequited crushes (crush nothing, it was REAL love) I had in grade school for my lack of enthusiasm I have for this holiday. However, yesterday I accidentally found myself in SoHo (on a Saturday of all days) and stumbled upon the above improvements. Some street team had sponge-stamped the hearts for like, 15 blocks and then covered the usually black painted metal bells with foil and the tag said, "Kiss your wife". Warmed even my black heart.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that VD. Nothing to see here, folks. Move your gutter minds along please.

    I must say, I had memories of David Cross from Shut Up You F*cking Baby for a moment there. [The part where he's talking about living in NYC and constantly seeing used condoms on the street.] Not in this part of the city (at least not on this day), at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's tomorrow. No VD here.

    [Wiping brow] That was close.

    ReplyDelete