Monday, September 20, 2010

The Girl Who Loves Cats

My niece Harper is turning 5 on Halloween. She seems older than that, but this could be because she may be turning 6 instead of 5 (?)- but whatever the number, I have devised the perfect birthday gift.

I had originally planned to get her a sweet set of Russian Nesting Dolls. I thought that her tendencies for liking cute little things would attract her to these, plus who doesn't like stacking things up? Nobody, that's who. After scouring the internet and only finding sets with busted artwork (I mean, honestly. If you are trying to make 7 dolls of decreasing size look the same, shouldn't they at least LOOK THE SAME?) I remembered that I am married to an artist! Tim paints! Really well! And could use a project! So I ordered a blank set and Tim and I got together and designed cats. Complete with personalities. And back stories. Because we don't half ass this kind of shit.






I am certain there will be many more images of this project. Since I like cats a lot and this blog seems to be about little else.

4 comments:

  1. I wish you two were my aunt and uncle. Those cats are epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to give them to her. It'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girl Who Loved Cats? Can you translate that into Swedish for me?

    There is a slight chance she likes these. Slight.*







    *Slight is defined as 100% in this instance.

    ReplyDelete