Monday, December 27, 2010

In Lieu of a Flight Part 2

So this blizzard we are having suuuuuucks though it has been an interesting journey so far. I couldn't sleep this morning because I was covered in cats. Pablo poked me awake at 5 am so I would scoot over and give him more room under the blanket and Simone was against my head on my pillow.

This was yesterday. Around noon, we had about 2 inches of powdery snow on the ground and immediately some dude in an SUV drove into the side of the tanning salon down the street.

Despite what the blizzard was doing to our travel plans, fresh fallen snow is not to be taken for granted or ignored. So later, Tim and I decided to go walking to a pub about 2 miles down the road. Normally this is a nice walk, the only problem was that it was still snowing (obviously) and the wind was blowing 35 mi/hr. So we ended up getting to the end of our block and going in that pub instead.


I enjoyed looking at the snow/wind more from the other side of a window with a Guinness in hand and a burger in front of me.


Well, isn't this delightful. It almost looks like the weather wasn't trying to kill us after all, doesn't it?


Tim pointed out that our air conditioner looked like Darth Vader's helmet.

By 7 am it looked like a Conehead though.





No comments:

Post a Comment