Thursday, January 13, 2011

Times, They Are A-Changin'

Tim and I had a few lovely days in NC after we finally made it out of the city during what news people have annoyingly dubbed Snowpocalypse 2010. I have to say, I was happy to leave it behind.

During our visit I started to feel a little strange though. My skin was breaking out beyond all sense. If you can imagine a teenager that you feel really sorry for and wish their parents would take them to a dermatologist because that is clearly creating scars more than skin deep, you will have some idea of what I was looking like. It was tragic, but I do have humor on my side so I was dealing with it in as graceful a way as possible. I also began to feel a tightness in my abdomen, kind of like how butterflies in your stomach feels only lower. It was a constant, mild reminder making me really conscious of that part of my body.

Anyway, Tim and I returned home on New Years Eve and decided to just hang out in the apartment and watch the festivities on TV, which was all either of us wanted to do after being away, sleeping on a friggin air mattress at my parents house and then flying back home.

The next morning however (New Years' Day), I woke up early and took a pregnancy test and told me I was indeed pregnant! Hooray! This is going to be one wild ride.

Instead of posting an image of something I recently peed on, I will leave you with this image instead. I did not pee on it. This is soooo going to happen with Pablo!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations... Fasten your seatbelt (but not to tight) This is going to be the ride of a lifetime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it! Thanks Jim!

    ReplyDelete