Tuesday, March 6, 2012

6 Months!





26 weeks (sheesh, this kid):

Thanks to a Leap Year, Alice's 6 month birthday just happens to fall on her 26th week photo Wednesday! Just in case you are wondering (yet still captivated 26 weeks later) what/why all these photos and updates I'll go ahead and clue you in. I knew it would all go very quickly. I knew I would be tired. I knew I would forget so many beautiful things that I wanted to remember and re-experience, but I also knew there was really no way I could ever be trusted to fill out a baby book. Even with all the above, I know myself well enough to know I wouldn't be dedicated enough to write things down just so I could read them when Alice was all grown up. So, under the guise of keeping our families tuned in with photos, videos and stories I have been keeping accounts of so many amazing things and it all kind of came together with the weekly photos I had been taking. When Alice was born (on a Wednesday) I decided to take a photo of her every week in her colorful cloth diaper and on bold graphic backgrounds so I could see just when and how much she is changing. Anyway, I am going to try to keep it up for a year and then get the whole thing printed and bound so I can give it to her as her baby book. I am so happy and so very shocked to suddenly be halfway there!

We have been playing mad scientist with pureeing baby food around here the past few days. I mixed up a batch of dried apricots softened in apple juice and then pureed and let Alice have a taste off the end of the spatula as I was putting it in the storage containers. Holy Cow she loved it! She took one lick and quick as lightning shot her two little hands out, grabbed the spatula and my hand and shoved the entire mix into her mouth. Within 5 seconds it was everywhere, all over, and sticky. I come from a family who love apricots (and have over-indulged once or twice myself) so I will definitely be using a light hand when feeding her those. Other than apricots, Alice is crazy about her little yellow rubber duck. Bless him, he came on the top of a cupcake, is made in China and not BPA free I am sure, but that little guy is her very best friend. He fits perfectly in her hand (and mouth) and is just the right color yellow. I can hear her anywhere in the apartment bopping him on the table or squeaking him on her poor, sore, teething gums. If babies dream, I am certain she dreams about hanging out with him. Alice is also crazy, crazy in love with Tim. When I give her to him in the mornings she is so excited they get to hang out. Lately we have all been having breakfast together and Alice will reach her warm little paw out and touch his arm when they are next to each other at the table. And when he gets home from work in the evenings I hear the front door open, tell her that her Papa is home, make a wolf howling noise and she immediately starts looking around for him! When he comes into view she just beams, then buries her face in my sweater and peeks back out at him. It is so cute. I mean, she is obviously adorable, but it is pretty cute to see Tim turning into a puddle of jelly as well. It is a sweet little life. Happy half birthday Alice, we are settling in just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment